Monday, August 1, 2011

Climb every mountain! Retrieve every wing!

Well one thing that will make FPV flying not very fun is having to hike a mile or so up a steep mountainside to retrieve your plane.......witch is exactly what I had to do.



It was a 2 mile hike up and back to get it with almost 1000 feet in elevation gain/loss.

I don't know for sure if it was a loss of the controol link that made it go down or if it was the ESC completely failing. I haven't had time to diagnose the problem yet, but I will soon.
In the mean time, lesson learned, make sure your FPV plane can handle steep climbs/being far away before trying to go flying around the mountain tops.

A special thanks goes out to my friend Wally and his Son Zach for making the long hard hike bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment