Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Grim FPV (updated)

It took foever, but I finely got some pictures of my Grim FPV wing. So here they are!, along with an update of the equipment. (sorry for the fish eye look, I took most of the picks with the my gopro)
  An overall view of the wing.

A front side view, the GoPro fits in the little black bracket. 
(I working on a mount to have the GoPro in it's official case so it will be more protected)
The Rembizi OSD, AV-batt and main batt.
(I had 2x2200mah batts, but it flew to heavy)
I'm going to get a 9ch orange RX another satellite receiver to replace the 6ch, then see how far I can go.  
 
It's running Jeti Advance 40 plus ESC with the C3530 1400kv motor with a 9x3.8 prop.
(the danger sticker is just for fun:-)

1.28Ghz Video TX

Video TX Antenna (inverted V)

The bottom side with my custom decal :-]

A better view.

For the ground station I use my laptop/easycap for the display, and then have the following for my control TX and video RX :

My tripod with a 2.4Ghz omni-directional 6db antenna on top.






My 1 watt 2.4Ghz amp. I hook this up to my modded DX6i.








1.28Ghz Video RX





1.28Ghz patch video RX antenna.
(going to upgrade to a yagi)

No comments:

Post a Comment