Monday, April 25, 2011

The Un-Civil War/The flight of the Grim

Well, the Un-Civil War was last Saturdy .....IT WAS WAY COOL! and here's why:



Yep, that is about 35-40 wings going up for full contact aerial combat, and I was there for it!
I had some great hits, breaking a couple of props in the process and having a lot of laughs seeing all the airborne carnage. The Limbo was one of my favorite things to watch. I tried doing it but I lost my battery strap on a crash and decided to not risk flying and bashing up my battery on another crash.

I pretty much flew until I couldn't fly anymore, on my Titan I ran one battery out and went to fly on the second one but found out that there was a bad cell in it. Then I flew it in the Limbo with a heaver battery and lost my battery strap. On my Scythe the first battery I tried flying on wasn't charged, so I loaded up the second one on and went flying.
Not to far into the flight I was doing some intence snap-rolls and ended up smacking the ground....stripping both servos. (time to install the new digital metal-gears!)
After that I got up the guts to tape a battery onto the nose of my Grim and took it out for it's madden voyage. All I can say is WOW! The thing sounds like it's got a V8....or a V-twin. Nothing like my titan. I was very impressed with the flight characteristics! Even before I throttled it up I tried tossing it up a foot or two into the breeze and it would float back down into my hand. So I gave it a over hand toss and off it went. I took a little bit of trim and then it was flying beautifully. I was amazed at how well it glided. So I'm very excited to get it painted, get the camera gear loaded, and get it out FPVing!

All in all, it was a great day! There were a lot of people that came out to participate and I'm sure there will be more people next time.

Thank you Wind_of_Change @ rcgroups.com for the use of the picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment