Friday, April 22, 2011

The Grim FPV!

I have been working on a FPV (first person view) project for a wile now. It's been interrupted several times now with other wing build requests and some times video games (PORTAL 2!!). But it's getting so close to being finished now I can almost taste it! So here's the update:

I'm building it on a Grim Reaper airframe from Crashtesthobby.com. The wing is pretty much ready to fly right now, I just need to temporarily mount the batteries and give it a toss. (hopefully I can get it tested today)
Here are a couple picks:
The overall length is 55"
It's going to have:
-2x 2200mah 20c 3s batteries
-1 1000mah 15c 3s battery
-40A Mystery ESC
-Turnigy 35-30B 1400kv outrunner motor
-2x Turnigy M90S metal gear servos
-OrangeRx 2.4ghz RX with satellite RX
-1.2ghz 800mw video transmitter
-Hobbyking Simple OSD (will upgrade later)
-Tachyon XC 720p video camera




Here is a better view of all the stuff I'm putting on it.

I'm going to test fly it first without any of the video gear on it just to make sure it flies. Then I will weigh in all my equipment and add a dead weight to see how it flies with the added weight. If it's all fine and good, I will move on to range testing.







For the ground station I will have 2 antennas mounted on a tripod....but not just any tripod...

Oh ya! that is a 9 foot tripod! I took a regular tripod that had a hidden telescoping mono-pod (I think thats what you call it) and flipped it. So now my 2.4ghz antenna will be up 9'. I will mount the 1.2ghz patch antenna probably somewhere in the middle. I will be using a 1watt booster on my 2.4ghz controller to hopefully kick my range out to 2+miles.

Well I think thats all for now. I will post an update after I test fly it.





It's also going to have a Rembizi OSD. Here is a screen shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment